Monday, July 24, 2017

"See Others as They May Become" -President Monson


Heyyyyy my family & friends!! 😊 Good news is Sister Winward & I will be staying together another transfer!!!! Yay! We are super excited. This week we also moved apartments, so that we real fun in the heat! Plus we moved into an elders apartment, so you can imagine we had lots of cleaning to do!! 😂

 

I swear I have short term memory loss, so I don't remember half of what happened this week! Haha but church yesterday was AMAZING!! God truly answered our prayers. We had lots of recent converts, less actives, & investigators at Church! Oh & get this... there was a cute family that the Bishop told us to go talk to. The husband tells us he is a less active in the Spanish ward & he wanted to bring his little daughter & his wife (who's not a member) to the English ward so she can understand what's going on. So we are going by this week to teach the wife!! The area is exploding, so many miracles! Side note: Elders are coming back to our ward Tuesday, thank goodness! We need help! 👍 

 

So every 6 weeks our mission does a fireside/devotional where recent converts & returning members share their story & missionaries have to come with less actives & investigators. We went last night & oh my goodness it was the best. The spirit was so strong. We brought one of our investigators who by the way loved church, can't wait to come next week, is being baptized on Aug. 26, & is already planning on speaking at our next fireside!! They are amazingly prepared. 

 

But the stories that were told by the recent converts blew my mind. People do change. There was a couple that shared their amazing story & the husband said... (prepare for the cutest thing ever) the ONLY thing on my bucket list.... is to be sealed to my wife in the temple. He was crying as he said it. It just helped me learn that we should see people as they can become, not as they are. Everybody has potential & is a Child of God. I have truly come to learn this on my mission as we talk to everybody. It has helped me develop greater love for the people & for my Savior. So try it out, see others as they can become, not as they are. & President Monson gives a WONDERFUL general conference talk on it: "See Others As They May Become" October 2012! It such a good read! READ IT!! 

 

Love you all. Thanks is for all you do!! Ahh. I. Love. It. Here. 💗 

 

xoxo, sister Jensen

Pics:
Temple pic from last week! 
I love cute quotes!!
It was our AWESOME used to be neighbors 😭 1 year anniversary!! 
Virginia = home. 💗  
Our last pday activity @ the Huntsman Home:
selfie w/Sister Huntsman
Oakton & Woodbridge Zones
AREN'T THEY THE CUTEST???! I LOVE THE HUNTSMANS! 










No comments:

Post a Comment