Monday, July 31, 2017

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY

Aloha!! How was everyone's week?! So good?! Sweeeet. 😊 well my pictures basically tell my week, so I'll let them speak for themselves.
 One thing that my pictures don't capture is a random guy at a gas station hugging me... let me tell you, it was awkward. He was acting like he knew us mumbling sisters sister & was super excited so he came & hugged me, as Sister Winward walks away fast. He just followed us around for a good while & when Sister W had to back me out, I gunned it & she jumped in the car. He was a nice man don't get me wrong, but we were a little nervous.  #onlyonamission 

We met some awesome people this week. & our investigators are doing well. Right now we are playing the hide & go seek with all our investigators. We can not get in touch with them! But it makes for some adventures!! We met a sweet man. He was super interested & excited to read the BOM!! So we texted him asking how he liked it & he dropped us.... We were super sad. Also met a cute couple from Florida, who is golden. We talked to them outside for about an hour. Everything we said they loved & were questioning their church for multiple reasons, but when we told them how our church does it they LOVED it! I LOVE BEING MORMON.  

We were able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead!!! There were 6 of us sister missionaries who got to also do baptisms!! The Franconia youth came, so it was so fun to see everyone again. What I was thinking about a lot in the temple is the priesthood & how the priesthood makes everything work! It makes everything organized. Our church runs off of the power of God. I am so grateful for the priesthood & the role it has played in my life. I know I wouldn't be here with out the priesthood. I am grateful for the men who sanctify themselves & are always worthy of giving a blessing. I am grateful for Jesus Christ & Heavenly Father for letting us receive so many blessing because of the priesthood. I LOVE THE PRIESTHOOD. 

Love you all!! Have a gooooooood week 💗 

xoxo, sister jensen

P.S. quick super cool story. So we had missionary leadership meeting this week & we all talked about who the pioneers where in our family to join the church. One elder talked about how his grandpa & grandma were the first ones to join. The elder who baptized them, that was his only baptism his whole mission. So the elder was invited to speak at one of his grandparents funeral. They invited all those who are descendants of the grandparents & members of the church to stand. About 90 people stood. This elders mission was worth it. Look at how many lives he touched from just 2 baptisms. It was so powerful as our Elder was sharing his story Thursday. All you hard work doesn't go unnoticed. It remind me of this scripture:


D&C 18:15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

Pics:
Walks around the Marine Museum round 2 💗 
 Little Iwo Jima statue outside of the the Quantico Marine Base gate. 
 Trying to be cool. 😂 
A recent convert who is AMAZING. 
 When appointments fall through... 80% of a missionaries life. 😂  
 Update on our pday adventues: wanted to drive the boarder of Richmond mission & DC South (since we are the bottom of the mission) ... & couldn't turn around when needed.... So we experienced a little tiny bit of Richmond. 😂 
 & Prince William National Forest. So good to be in the woods again!! 
I LOVE THE WASHINGTON D.C. TEMPLE 💗 Good to see Franconia youth & my baby!! 🤗 












No comments:

Post a Comment