Monday, June 26, 2017

ahhh.... one year!!

Okay, seriously. Where does the time go?! AHH. Time honestly is such a weird thing on a mission. I feel like I've only been out for umm... maybe 4 months max! (Probably different for my mom, haha 💕

This week was AWESOME. Just like every week (: Eric, in my previous area, got baptized Saturday. I have never seen someone so happy to enter into the waters of baptism! The service was thee best baptism I've ever been to! It was so fun to go back to Franconia!! The members would say, "Hey!" & then would realize that I no longer served there & would say, "HEY!! How are you? Oh my goodness!!....." haha it was so funny! That ward has my heart, but so does Quantico. 

Embarrassing moment #1: This week we had Zone Conference, which was awesome! Like always. We trained on finding people. But an elder asked us to show him & tell the story of the district motto... which is embarrassing to show & tell in front of a lot of missionaries. We avoided the question & eventually ended up having to show it. It's called the "fly & dive" with extreme hand & arm motion. But when one comp does it to the other you HAVE to go talk to that person. Haha it was a good laugh. 

Embarrassing moment #2: we had a return appt. with a new investigator at a park. We thought this girl on the bench was her. She was on the phone so we asked if we could talk to her, gave her a hug, joked how she is always on the phone, asked if we could sit, followed up to see if she read the pamphlet we gave to her yesterday... She said she never even met us yesterday. Hahaha wow. Oops. I couldn't stop laughing after that while Sister Winward pulls herself together & teaches. But we set up an appt. with her the next day & it was a powerful lesson! Everything happens for a reason!! 

Something we have been pushing with all our members is the power that comes from The Book of Mormon & especially reading it EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. 

President Monson in this past general conference said: 
My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Aren't those POWERFUL promises!! Don't you want those blessings? I sure do! I want you all to know that The Book of Mormon has changed my life & has become the keystone of my life. I LOVE the BOM with ALL my heart. I am a completely different person because of the role that the BOM has played in my life. I KNOW it's true & I can't deny it one bit. 

Love you all!! Sorry for the long email (: have a good week!! 

xoxo, sister jensen 

Pics:
Chalk Plan of Salvation artwork w/ the Woodbridge sisters on exchanges! 😄 
Dinner @ The Owens 👍 
ERIC!!! 💗 




No comments:

Post a Comment