Monday, March 20, 2017

Thy will be done

Hello again!! Transfers are this week & Sister Cannon & I will be staying together in Franconia! That's a huge answer to my prayers! So glad I get to serve the people here for at least another six weeks. Just a follow-up for those who actually  read my emails, that I can finally introduce ourselves to people in Spanish!! Huge accomplishment I'd say for my non understanding EspaΓ±ol brain. πŸ˜‚ 

This week we had a "big" snowstorm! Haha it's totally different back east then home! So we had to stay inside till dinner on Tuesday because of this storm! But here the snow is ice, so driving conditions were bad. I think we only got two inches. Wednesday we were walking up a little slope (that's pure ice) to an apt. & couldn't get up to save our lives. Haha I was laughing so hard! We both kept sliding down & on the way down the slope after the apt & I fell flat on my bottom & a member comes out of the house laughing & said, "Sister Jensen are you okay?" Haha we all couldn't stop laughing. πŸ˜‚ 

This week I have seen a lot of our investigators take a leap in faith. It has been so cool to watch our investigators apply repentance & faith into their lives. Miracles keep coming & I just stand back amazed at how much God is blessing me. One day we asked an investigator to pray & she has been hesitant to pray in front of people, but has a lot of faith & did it. After I asked how she felt & she said, "like I want to throw up!" Hahaha she is amazing! 

This week D&C 109:44 has been on my mind a lot. (Probably because it's my background, haha) I have learned a lot about submitting to His will the nine months I've been on my mission. Submitting to His will is yes, sometimes very difficult, but I testify that is is the best thing that you can ever do for yourself. We all want the best life, we all want happiness, we all want things & you know the best place to get all that is? The Lord. & how will we achieve His PERFECT plan for us? Submitting to His will. I've found the most happiness & success when I humble myself & submit to His will. Thy will be done, O Lord, and not mine. I truly love this gospel will all my heart. 

I LOVE you all. Have an amazing week! Remember who you are & what you stand for! πŸ’— 

D&C 109:44 "But thy word must be fulfilled. Help thy servants to say, with thy grace assisting them: Thy will be done, O Lord, and not ours."


xoxo, sister jensen

Pics:
Coolest. District. Ever. 
District pic ft. myself 
Trainers @ return & report 
Thee best mission president ever! "If your not going through challenges & difficulties, you're not getting your moneys worth." -President Huntsman πŸ˜‚πŸ’—  
Old Town, Alexandria, VA 







No comments:

Post a Comment