Monday, October 16, 2017

"You're the hardest working Christians in the business."


Hey hey hey!! This week was a week of miracles!! God is so good. We were in the right time at the right place multiple times this week which increased my faith & trust in the Lord so much. 💗

 

Couple things that happened this week: 

I will be staying here in Clifton! Last area, last transfer, & last companion. 😂 it's okay I'm not just bawling my eyes out all the time... 

 

We had our ward primary program which was adorable as always! I LOVE hearing their pure faithful testimonies. 

 

We also had our transferly fireside last night where recent converts share their stories! Like always it is amazing. We had someone from China, Ghana, Samoa, & of course Virgina!! I LOVE the diversity here! We had a Less Active show up & it was thee best surprise ever! 

 

We have lots of promising investigators who just have my heart. They are truly amazing. & we ended up finding 2 new promising investigators who the sisters have tried multiple times. Persistence pays off, because she let us right into her mansion, (seriously, dream house) & they LOVED the BOM. They were like, "Jesus came here??!" "If you convert me, your going to have to have to talk to my minister!" They are so intrigued. It was seriously the best. Love them so much. 

 

Quotes from our random stranger friends: 😂 

"You're the hardest working Christians in the business."

"Mormons are better than the FBI & the CIA at finding people." 

 

So this week I have been binge reading Our Heritage, a history book about the early saints. My love just continues to grow for them for EVERYTHING they went through & still their faith was so strong. Makes me realize I have NOTHING to complain about. I am so grateful for the pioneers for everything they did & or all they went through. They knew this church was true & they did all they could to defend their faith. Are you defending your faith? It makes me think of one of my favorite scriptures, D&C 121:7-8. This is the Lord talking to Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty jail for months, because he was persecuted for religion.

 

"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes" 

 

What were going through is us just paying a little price for the big reward we will have in the end. Look at the hard exhausting sometimes discouraging effort the early saints had to go through & what has come from their efforts. Millions of happy devoted saints knowing Jesus Christ & holding onto the truth. I am grateful for their efforts & happy I come from a long line of pioneers!! 💗

 

xoxo, sister jensen


Pics:
Bowling for pday! 
District pic! 
Weekly planning... 👍 
One of our fav. walks! Love. This. Place. 
Coolest pumpkin I've ever seen. 
My baby!! She's training, so I'm going to be a grandma! 😊 
Our fav guy, Leo. Just jamming after our fireside, meeting President Huntsman! Favorite part of the day! 
Coolest picture ever. Grateful for the temple. 









No comments:

Post a Comment