Monday, October 30, 2017

What makes Virginia, Virginia:

Things that make Virginia, Virginia: (or different from Utah) 
1. Pineapples EVERYWHERE. Door knockers, light fixtures, door frames, picture frames, car stickers, plates!  
2. Sidewalks, or rather, lack thereof. Virginia doesn't believe in sidewalks, so usually only one side of the street has one, and then it will just stop halfway. 
3. The greenest trees ever! It is almost November and the majority of the trees are still green. 
4. So many churches. I think I counted at least 15 churches on one street before. In our white handbook  it says not to proselyte near or on church property... but that is pretty much everywhere
5. Summertime bugs. So many different kinds. Lots are juicy. Glad that is over now!
6. Hardly anyone has a sprinkler system! Perks to humidity and getting so much rain 
7. SQUIRRELS They are the equivalent to deer in Utah. The moment you step outside, there is always a squirrel within 10 feet of you.
8. Colonial style town homes. At first I thought they were cute and fun. But usually people just tell us we aren't allowed to solicit there. 
9.  Diversity. Virginia is full of people from all around the world. I've marked the places where I've met people from, and I've covered almost the whole globe.
10. Impatient drivers. See point 17: 
11. "Towing enforced" signs
12. Leaves are on the ground year-round 
13.Custom license plates. Its the cool thing. We feel put of place having a regular license plate. 
14. DOGS. People love their dogs more than their children. 
15. Your career is everything.  
16. TRAFFIC EVERYWHERE!! 
17. Fast pace. To illustrate my point, consider the infamous quote of Ricky Bobby: "If ya ain't first, you're last". But also, the cost of living is so high that many people unfortunately have to work multiple jobs. 
18. The way the roads were designed is.... The worst. Our mission president' s wife likes to explain it like someone just took spaghetti and threw it on a map and said "there we go!" 

I LOVE VIRGINIA. It will always have a huge part of my heart. 💗

This week I finished the Book of Mormon once again. Now, I HATE reading, but I LOVE reading the BOM. I honestly get excited to read it every morning which makes me laugh. This last time I went through & marked all the times it references or speaks of Jesus Christ, every time he speaks, & his attributes & actions. That truly helped my testimony grow of how the BOM is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. My love for the Savior continues to grow everyday & it's awesome. This time as I read it, I am going through & marking the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, & Enduring to the End. (Its also supposed to keep me motivated & in my study habits when i return, haha) I KNOW THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE WORD OF GOD & THAT ITS TRUE. I probably have talked about it in every email hehe! 

LOVE YOU ALL!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! 

xoxo, sister jensen 

Pics:
  • What makes Sisters different from Elders: glittering in the car. 👍 
  • Exchanges w/ Hermana Mendoza! She's the coolest. 
  • It's always a good time @ the storage meet. 
  • SISTER CALVERTS ONE YEAR!!! WAHOO 
  • Our ward Fall Festival! Which was so much fun. We were the unbiased costume judges & we had 2 investigators there!! 
  • FALL. Its really cold here now... 
  • My cute companion. Don't know how I have been so blessed in the companion category. 
  • Happy Monday💗









No comments:

Post a Comment